Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Tenerife, Circle Shine, & Metal Healing

These dream bits are from Monday, July 26...

The words ‘tenerife’ and ‘circle shine’ came to me... separately.

Then at one point I was carefully plucking out 2-inch long needles that were inserted in a tight, neat column under each of my arms, as well as on either side of my lumbar spine, each column about 8-10 inches long. The needles were thicker than a sewing or normal syringe needle and contoured, but there was no pain or discomfort. I noticed some of the needles I pulled out had a little bit of yellowish crust on the ends, as if there was a bit of infection and the serous fluid had dried or crystallized.

The last bit is quite vague now, but I think I was in charge of something or some younger people and they had gone upstairs. I was finishing up one floor below and then dragging an aluminum folding ladder upstairs... there was also a $10 bill which I thought was my sister’s and I was taking it to her but turned out to be someone else’s...
__________

DREAMWORK:

Tenerife (Island of Eternal Spring, a busy Spanish resort town and one of the 7 Canary Islands in the Atlantic Ocean, nearest to Morocco, Africa. Checked it out online and it seems a tropical island paradise, well, subtropical. Other than that, I’ve no idea what it means in my dream, or my life. Hmmm...

‘Circle shine’... Michael says it’s like a descriptive name made up by a child, for say, the moon...

The rest of the work, or at least part of it, came later in the day when I went down to the lake...
__________

Had a hefty conversation with my body down by the water this evening... haven’t felt settled within myself the last few days to really connect, glad to be back... 3 things came...

First, ‘boundary’... maybe, it is not so much that I need to have boundaries, healthy or otherwise, but that I ought to hold my place ‘on’ it. Maya Lin described it quite eloquently: ‘I feel I exist on the boundaries, somewhere between science and art, art and architecture, public and private, east and west. I am always trying to find a balance between these opposing forces, finding the place where opposites meet.’

Somehow, in my own way, I need to exist in the balance of forces from both sides, move with the boundary as it shifts, because so far in my life I have found that precarious sliver of space to be where meaning exists. And in spite of the tension, the ambiguity, the controversy that are native to this in-between place, I have to find my piece of the ground. I am afraid, because of its ring of truth when I dare myself to say it, that that’s where I belong.

Second, from last night’s dream... ‘circle shine’ = full moon. A literal description of something using shape, colour, texture, quality to make up a name. it makes one look and think of the subject in a new way, that instead of seeing a full moon in your mind immediately when you read or hear the words ‘full moon’, you read or hear ‘circle shine’, and you see a circle and that it’s shining. Two steps to arrive at the image of what we named the full moon.

There is a subtle but distinctively different ‘flavour’ that seems to animate words we have come to know so well, too well, and have lost the freshness of perception on first encountering understanding and meaning. Perhaps this is what poets do, this breaking apart of names and labels and wholesale notions, toss them up in the air and piece them back together in a new way that makes you re-member what they look like, smell like, feel like, and taste like – in the first place.

Last piece, the next part of the dream about the needles... it sounds rather kooky to me but here it is... it is telling me that I need the energy of the Metal element (as in TCM), interesting that this is a Metal year, which indicates a lung weakness (maybe why I sometimes wake up with a rattly feeling from accumulated phlegm at the lower end of my throat, for no apparent reason)... and as I recently found out, my Secret Animal (who I truly am inside) is the Metal Horse (free spirited, untamed, unencumbered, the closest equivalent is Gemini), which I feel at this time to be my creativity, is yet to express itself like a horse set free... but the metal energy I need is from manganese and gold, why? I don’t know. I need them in the energetic form of homeopathic remedies: Manganese 200C once a week for 2 weeks, and Aurum C4 once, by placing the tubes along the same places as the needles in my dream – under the arms and on either side of the lumber spine. Do this after my period is over.

Found this on the web: “Metal represents a time of inner reflection and meditation, when one can draw in and store the essential energies that are useful.”

Well, this is the phase I am in, but the dream shows the removal of the metal needles or pins. So does that mean this phase is coming to an end for me, and the next phase is about work – Metal Horse thrives on work, not play – calm, quiet, orderly work...? I don’t know what the underarm areas signify without having to look it up, but the lumbar area is about financial burden and support. So the needles are coming out of those areas, after a time of retreat and healing (of inflammations deep down), and I am ready to move onward, renewed and reconfigured.

But why were the needles shaped like fat pins with a graceful curve in the shafts, and why were they placed one after the other in a tight column??

The shape is very feminine, and Metal is considered an yin energy – nutritive, supportive, restorative, loving and accepting. And I just found out that sides of the body is about one’s sense of safety in the world – is the world a dangerous place, or is it like home where one safely navigates and belongs? Definitely a problem area that needs nurturing for me.

What I am pondering is why there seems to be a contradiction or duality between the physical removal of the metal and my body needing the metaphysical metal energy... ah, the metal pins drew out the inflammation, the toxic – the yellow crusties, but as they have already been in my body, in a very concentrated form – the tight placement of the pins, in very specific areas (foundational support – the lower back; fear/safety in the world – sides of the torso/chest) – all clearly and vividly shown to me in the dream, so as to leave no doubt what this healing is about, and how it was manifested.

The perfectly aligned pins are also about Connection. As I dreamed of the element of Metal, I became deeply connected to it and healed by it, just as when I dreamed of Fire during my retreat at the fire. The unconscious has been brought into connection with the conscious, and healing is possible. That means I have yet to connect to Earth, Water and Air (or Wind).

No comments:

Post a Comment