Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Big Leap... into Creative Life

Dream bits:

I am part of a crowd standing close together, though there seems to be only one person in front of me and one behind. The person in front of me is right at the edge of a precipice, though I do not know what’s over the edge I was nervous. There is no railing or ledge, just open space. The person behind me is a man and he is pressed against me. I wanted him to be gone from behind me, so I could back up I guess...

I am working in a small office or store and there are very few people there. One employee, a friendly middle-aged white man came out from the back because he’s leaving to go home. He brings his dog out and is getting him ready. I was surprised that I had forgotten that he brings his dog to work and leaves him in the back room. The dog seems calm and well but I felt bad that he’s cooped up the whole time. The dog has short reddish hair with long ears and looks docile.

DREAMWORK:

Whatever the leap is, I am afraid to take it, even though I’m not even the one at the edge... yet... but I am only one person – one step – away from it. The future is unknown, except that there is risk. I am already panicking and want to have a way out.

This is yet another ‘crowd’ or ‘group’ dream, which begs the question: WHY DO I KEEP HAVING DREAMS WHERE I AM PART OF A GROUP OR A CROWD, when in waking life I am anything but? These dreams are telling me that I’m not alone...

This dream is showing me where I stand, very close to the big leap, which I suppose I’ve been moving towards to all along, and I’m scared now that I can see the edge, even the requisite ‘fire exit’ is blocked, though only one person deep so I could, if I really wanted to, get past it. I thought perhaps this person is a support for me, but no, he is motivation, pushing me forward when it becomes necessary. He is my drive.

This leap is about me diving into the future unknown, in spite of all my fears... is there trust or faith in this dream somewhere...? All of a sudden I have an image of landing on the backs of the people who’ve jumped before me... how lovely, and how generous and kind life is (even though it may not always seem that way). I am grateful, and I will be glad to be of service when someone else needs a back to land on. This also answers my question above, nicely ☺

More often than not, I am not aware of the interconnectivity and interdependence that holds me in the web of life. Being so used to believing that I have to ‘figure’ things out for myself, I’ve painted myself as the solitary traveler, secluded in my own head, my cranium the walls of my fortress, even though I KNOW the greatest danger is from within – my own demons, doubts, fears... another piece of my ego to surrender.

Though I know it to be true, in my body, this connection to the collective – my group – is yet to become a conscious feeling for me. Even in my dreams it is below the radar.

Now the other dream bit... my ‘working’ life... another repeating theme as of late...

The red dog is my creative instinct and potential, which is still in incubation at the moment – kept in the back room all day and not physically active. But he is cared for and loved by his keeper, the benign father figure, who provides and protects him. In the dream I am concerned – I am my ego in my dreams, sometimes an objective observer, sometimes the phobic agony aunt – though the dog seemed to be content and healthy. I believe he – creativity – ought to be free and running and doing stuff, because then I can see he is happy, and I suppose, performing as he/it should.

It’s so easy to lose sight of that which I need the most – STILLNESS.

No comments:

Post a Comment