Sunday, July 18, 2010

Meeting My Muses

Only bits of images from my dream last night...

A girl had decorated the rafters of a big barn-like structure with stalks of deep blue flowers of a few different kinds - by tucking them between the central beam and the roof – it was breathtakingly beautiful... then in a room with a lower ceiling (like a basement) a girl was taking a cake from a window sill where there were 5 or 6 cakes just sitting out in the open without cover – they were the big rectangular kind made for parties, already iced – it was big and heavy and she just barely lifted it – while doing that she flipped one over on its side but miraculously it didn’t get damaged... then I was in a room with 3 other girls and I was waiting for an opportunity to ask one of them to cut my hair...

All the girls/women in the dream, including me, were in their 20s. The overall feeling was a carefree and peaceful kind of joy and contentment, whatever they were doing. As if everything was charmed yet ordinary-everyday at the same time. It certainly wasn’t utopia, but there was an easy flow to everything. I was the only one who worried, about the uncovered cakes, about them falling off, about asking for a haircut... even though I was ‘one of them’ I was also a newbie who had just come on to the scene.

DREAMWORK:

Possibly these young women are my muses... they are grounded, carefree, not too high, not too low, just comfortable and natural in being themselves, and they seemed at ease with their environment and their own creations.

The stalks of flowers were clusters like a wheatsheaf, not single blooms – to me the form is a blend of masculine and feminine, that it’s a flower but in a tree shape. Indigo is the colour of the brow chakra, where we ‘see’ the big picture, something I resonate very much with and yearn for. All of these elements being beautifully arranged at the highest point of the building (my Self) I see as the thing I am aspiring to the most these days, and hopefully an omen or an indication that it is attainable to me. I remember the feeling in the dream that I wished I could make something so beautiful too. In fact, after I woke up and tried to recall the dream, I fantasized making an art installation in that kind of a big airy space with beautiful plants that hang from the ceiling in long braided tendrils down to people level, filling the whole room with that kind of hanging garden magic... like an enchanted forest or meadow but growing from the sky towards the earth... perhaps that is the direction I am to take, downwards to earth...

The basement scene is more in the unconscious, though the window was above ground level and let in sunlight. There are both conscious and unconscious material here, and right off the bat I can say that the cakes are stuff of the unconscious for I do not yet have a sense what they are. Well, let’s do a little diggin... the cakes were made and ready to be used for any celebratory event at any time, just choose one and personalize it with a bit of decorative writing... and the intention seemed to be that they will be used soon so they don’t need to be covered or stored... I’m checking with my body as I go for the truthfulness of these ‘interpretations’ cuz my head just doesn’t ‘know’ what to think... so far so good... they are substantial cakes so I take that to mean that these celebrations are meaningful events, and the young woman, my muse or the part of myself that will handle the celebration, is able to handle it even though I am worried about it. It is about handling success, and I consciously admit that I do not know how I will handle that, or if I will be able to. Hopefully I will, as she did in the dream, but definitely there’s work there I need to do now. I guess the successes or celebrations will not all be the conventional sort, as the one cake that got tipped seemed to indicate, but it will not come to harm. Of course that was why I felt anxious and insecure in the dreams, that I feared it will turn on me.

I was happy and content to be part of the group of women in the last part of the dream, but having a bit of anticipatory anxiety while waiting for an opportunity to voice my desire for a ‘professional’ haircut from one of the three muses, to make me beautiful. I knew that all three are equally good. I need to just come out and ask for the help I want from my muses, and not let any of my fearful concerns get in the way. I didn’t even know I was afraid to ask until now.

There’s something bigger-than-life about the 3 muses, and I suppose muse energy must be, but it is also true that I make myself smaller than I need to be – something else to work on...

In real life I am in need of a haircut badly, my hair has become a bit of a wild monster that’s quite untameable, and I’ve decided to get it cut tomorrow. What I want is something that works with the nature of my hair, is mostly care (maintenance) free, and of course looks good yet still expresses my individuality – very much like how the muses are.

No comments:

Post a Comment