Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Dreamwork with the Body - A Better Way!

DREAM: that I am a tourist on a dock area, then suddenly I am working in a warehouse there, on the upper level which overlooks the ground level. It was near closing time, and we were (mostly women) sorting different kinds of hair accessories – hairbands, bandanas, elastics, etc. (but not hairclips or barrettes or bobbypins) – on long work tables. There were thousands and thousands of them, and in the end there were small mountains of each type on the tables.

Then we had to decide what to do with them, because when the place opens tomorrow they have to be on the tables downstairs. I am discussing this with another woman, about whether to do it now or leave it until tomorrow. If we do it now we’ll need to tell people to stay a bit later (labour management). Also the problem of how to transport the goods from up here to down there. I can see over the railing that they’ve already put away the tables down there.

DREAMWORK:

The thought came to me that I need to do my dreamwork in a different way than I have been. I need to take my dream back into my body (or maybe it’s more like leaving it in my body) and let it sit until messages, etc. emerge on their own. More and more lately, I have been chasing my dreams, and driving them ‘upstairs’ to my head, which is not the most reliable interpretor or reporter... I shall let my body inform me...

So, it is about “work as problem solving”, and showcasing my goods – my gifts and talents – at work.

The different hair accessories are dual-purposed: decorative and functional. A bit like wearing different hats (as in different roles) but in a feminine fashion, with feminine choices. It is about function but also just as much about feminine beauty and creative expression. There were literally thousands upon thousands of choice of hair accessories, each one would ‘showcase’ a subtlely but distinctly different gift or talent of the wearer. Are there really that many ways to present my gifts and talents? Yes. Wow. Unbelievable.

Hair, is also one’s “crowning glory”, the best of what we present to the world, if what we desire is approval and status quo and a sense of belonging. Somehow I do not feel ashamed now to admit that those are also what I desire, amongst other things. I want to be recognized and respected and loved for my gifts and talents and qualities of glory, as like everyone else, even if it is the first time I can admit it. I want fulfillment even if this is only mostly superficial. I want to feel I belong in the world out there, where I’ve never felt I belonged. I need all of this seemingly shallow gratification for my ego so I can begin to blur and obliterate that sharp line between ‘inside’ and ‘outside’ worlds, even though my deeper knowing says there is but one world. The separation exists only in my mind.

I want to experience the kind of acceptance and love and fulfillment that I have had in the ‘sacred’ world, out in the ‘secular’ one. I feel that it is possible, because it is possible to carry the safety and inner peace of the sacred world with me when I go out into the outside world which I believe to be frought with danger and suffering.

It is my task now to do just that: take what I’ve learned and ‘earned’ from working on myself, the stillness, balance, the wisdom grounded in truth, out into humanity, show my goods (display on tables) and let them sell themselves to whoever needs them.

So this is a dream about how to get my work out there, and the problem solving is literally the way to do this.

As I sit with the dream in my body, images in the dream continued to play out. I have an idea on how to transport the goods – the mountains of hair accessories – down to the ground level, and it wouldn’t require a lot of labour. We put big boxes on the floor below the tables and scoop the goods into them. Close the boxes and tie a rope around one. Lower the box carefully over the railing as a couple of us hang on tight to the other end of the rope as counterweight, and drop the box unto the table below. It is definitely easier and safer than trying to carry the boxes down the stairs.

This part is about the process of ‘getting the goods out there’, and that I need to approach it as problem solving, in the sense of finding a solution from an intuitive and objective place. It won’t be as difficult or painful as I anticipated if I go about it with this mindset. I shall set my intention as such and trust in the greater power.

But there’s more to it than aligning myself with the intention. In the situation that arose in the dream, I had to come up with a solution on the spot, after taking a quick inventory of what resources I had at hand – tables, boxes, rope, manpower. So “spontaneity” – thinking and working on my feet – and being fully present in the moment is the other ingredient to finding the successful and creative solution.

Problem solving as a creative expression... hmmm... that IS one of my gifts, and one that I enjoy very much. And I think this dream is telling me that it is also a marketable one, as it was ‘showcased’ to me from the dream.

Thank you, my body, my heart, my mind, my dreams, and Source, where all of this come from. I thank you from all of my being.

No comments:

Post a Comment