Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Mystical Carpet Ride

DREAM (a bit vague now, too much had intruded into my consciousness already) that I was on my way somewhere, trying to be on time. On the way I passed by a pile of abandoned merchandize by the roadside, bags of frozen french fries and such. I could grab one, I thought, but decided not to bother. Next I remember I was to be taken somewhere by a young boy, barely a teen, with tanned looking skin. We were riding by straddling a long rolled up tube, like a carpet, he in the front, me somewhere in the middle. I positioned myself with care as the counterweight, for optimal balance.

DREAMWORK:

Still on the clock, still trying to get somewhere, do something, be someone… alas… although this time I was not distracted by ‘junk food’ (frozen, so one can save it for later even) on the wayside. One small victory for this little spiritual warrior.

Meanwhile, somewhere in the upper reaches of my unconscious (the lightly-dark complexion of my guide, and also the lighting in the dream), my young animus was to lead me where I was supposed to go. He knew the way. I seemed to have no idea, so had to rely on him completely. What’s with the rolled-up carpet though? If it were a magic carpet we would’ve opened it and flown on it, so it wasn’t exactly ‘magic’, and we didn’t fly. I don’t remember how we moved around actually; I think we rode it like a horse (or a broomstick!) so we stayed on land.

It came to me just now that the carpet wasn’t magical, it was mystical. We were on a mystical carpet ride, an earthly one. It’s not as fast or thrilling perhaps as a flying magic carpet ride, but it will get us there. At the moment I for one do not need anything racy, stimulating, or inflating that involves keeping my feet off the ground.

We got on our ‘ride’, but I wanted to make sure I was as close to being the axis of balance as possible—the middle (way), so I wiggled around a bit until I felt I was in the right place, which was actually just off-centre on the roll because the boy was near the end. I am adjusting for and accommodating my masculine, and finding balance. I consider that a bit of maturity ☺. Belated, but never too late.

I had the feeling in the dream that I ‘hired’ the boy like a cab driver, and he was energetic and keen for business. So he wasn’t my personal guide; anyone could hire his help to get to their mystical destination. He belongs to the collective unconscious, like the gods in mythology, and he knows the way of our journey. By physical appearance, he is from the east, Indian or Middle Eastern, so my way is through the Eastern ways. ‘Middle Eastern’… interesting… middle of the eastern world… Perhaps a synthesis of all the eastern teachings and ways of life? Eastern spirituality has become a new focus for me only in the last few months, before that it had been like a big blank wall to me all of my life.

“Life is a delicious mystery full of twists and turns, ups and downs, that’ll have you riveted like a captive butterfly until your last powdery puff of breath.” ~ a reviewer ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment