Monday, February 14, 2011

Saturday, February 12, 2011

An image of the rearview of my ankles was the only thing remained of my dreams… there were vertical lines of writing on either side of the lower calves and ankles, in English, as if tattooed…

DREAMWORK:

My Achilles’ heel, my deadly weakness. Although I don’t recall what the words were in the dream, perhaps I can try and access them now.

What is my Achilles’ heel? Apparently Achilles was invulnerable except for that heel, interesting, that I’ve been working so much with my own vulnerability lately. Furthermore, he became invulnerable except where the water touched him (his mother Thetis dipped him in the river Styx while holding him upside down by the ankles, which remained dry). I take this to mean that my Achilles’ heel is where I am not touched by emotion (water), where I’ve avoided getting wet, avoided flow of emotion, which, I’m just beginning to learn, has been the keynote symptom of what ails me my whole life. “Never well since, denial of this or that emotion.” as homeopathy would say for my case. And the ‘red thread’ symptom, again in homeopathy, would be my lifelong denial of my feeling of vulnerability, deeply repressed, until recently.

Quite possibly, one of the words written on my ankle in the dream was ‘vulnerability’, because as I remembered it, the word on the left was long, which was on the outside of the left ankle, the word on the inside of that ankle was short, like a 4-letter word, probably ‘fear’. I can’t recall anything about the right ankle at all.

I take it then, as the next step (pun!), that I ought to get my ankles wet. Soak them thoroughly in the immortal waters of the river Styx, which borders this world and the underworld, the realm of the Subconscious. Hmmm, perhaps that’s why I’ve not been recalling dreams much lately, instead, I’ve had more nudgings of information and insights during the hypnagogic and hypnapompic periods of subconscious awareness.

Moving up from the unconscious into the subconscious… does that mean I will wake up to the conscious world soon?!? Spring is coming, and with it, Jupiter returns to its place of my birth. Amen! to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment