Monday, February 7, 2011

Lyndon Johnson, JFK, in Oz

Dreamed about a dark-haired young woman named Lyndon Johnson Somebody… there were a couple of other women with her…

Lyndon Johnson succeeded JFK, that’s about all I know about him. So he moved up in position because the beloved head of state was killed at the height of his power and popularity. What is the JFK in me? He was the part of me that loved and cared fearlessly his subjects, especially the underdogs—my lesser nature and qualities, my shadow parts.

Have I the courage to love my shadow ‘subjects’ openly, into the light of day? Or am I embarrassed and ashamed of them still? I do believe it’s easier to accept someone else’s faults than one’s own, but then again, the faults I see in others are the ones in me. Furthermore, does my courage extend to actively and publicly working to find balance of ‘justice’ for the underdogs in me, as JFK did, flying in the face of established mores of the time? Or do I continue to suckle at the teat of public approval and reward?

My god, I just realized that I am all of the characters in the Wizard of Oz (not just the Cowardly Lion, as I thought), each believing himself to be lacking the one thing that prevents him from ultimate happiness and fulfillment. When in fact, brain (intelligence), heart (feeling), gut (courage), and the wisdom and power that Dorothy discovered in herself, therefore in the 3 friends, were always there within. Never missing, never even had to be earned or acquired elsewhere. It was in us all along.

All we have to do now, is take off the green-tinted glasses of pre-conditioning, and believe in the beauty and abundance we see, in ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment