Friday, November 12, 2010

Tricycle on the Highway

DREAM that I was on a multi-laned highway, riding a child’s tricycle. My legs were slightly too long and the left one was stuck under the tricycle so I had to pull it out by lifting it with both hands. There were many people around on the road but all little kids, toddlers really. One boy in front of me was dragging his jacket on the ground, getting it wet, so I picked it up and threw it over his shoulder for him. He turned around a bit but did not look at me directly. Then I pedalled to move over 2 lanes to the left, though I could only go slowly. I knew there was an exit ramp beyond the intersection ahead on the right and I wasn’t meant to go there. The kids reminded me of the blue-clad children in a heap from a dream last week, a collective. There was a sense of unharried and peaceful order in the dream.

DREAMWORK:

Usually in my dreams I am in a car or a bus or a train, vehicles capable of fast speed, but this one is different. I was amongst small children, though I think I was a bit older, and could not go as fast as I normally expect to. My left leg – the feminine side – was stuck and weak, needing strength and help. The exit ramp on the right was the path to the masculine – the present day world of patriarchy – for which I am not yet ready. I need to stay on this path of feminine nurture – the left lanes – go at my own pace, be the small child that I am and let Mother Nature care for and raise me.

The children around me, as well as the blue-clad children last week, are the archetype of childhood emotional life to me (dream from last Saturday). For some reason I need to return to that state and immerse myself in that world of innocence, wonder, and great vulnerability, to heal my own child and the collective one. That is to be part of my work. I am to look out for them, like the boy with his jacket dragging and getting wet. I am to be of help to them, even if they don’t know me or see me. There is a global feel to this calling, which thrills me and scares me at the same time.

But for now I need to be nurtured, even though I’m not sure how, it does make my whole body and being go still.

No comments:

Post a Comment