Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Brushing Teeth, Cleaning Deep

DREAM that I was brushing my teeth most intently, even though people around me were eating. I thought that even if I eat, I could just brush again later…

DREAMWORK:

Hmmm… yesterday I dreamed of a piece of my tooth breaking off… What are teeth to me? They are for me, means to get a firm hold of something – sink my teeth into – to deepen into something meaningful, and with purpose. They are a part of my body, my own innate resource, my sense of wholeness and vitalness, and I fear to lose them. In my dream I’ve opted out of eating to cleaning them instead, and this is a big deal, because I have by nature a voracious appetite, with my eyes always bigger than my stomach. My hunger is for everything, food, knowledge, learning, experience, emotion, anything new, anything that feels good, anything stimulating. This is what feeds my addiction, my drug of choice that takes away the pain of emptiness, of not having enough. So my teeth are a symbol of what I have innately as a tool, to chew before swallowing, to deepen into an experience, a practice, a path, and not rush to eat the next thing that comes across my plate.

Perhaps all these dreams of not getting food is telling me also to fast for awhile, slow down to nothing, sift through a lifetime of gorging and undigested accumulation, and heave out what I don’t need. At the same time I could clean my teeth, keep them in the best shape possible, for those things I ought to sink my teeth into, when the time comes. It is time for some deep cleaning…

No comments:

Post a Comment