Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Great White Lie of Pop•op & Soc•con

DREAM BIT: A white or blonde lab with worms – image of a long white worm almost the full length of the dog.

What does a dog represent in me? My outer expressions and persona, in this case, the ‘good’ or ‘light’ side that still wants to wag its tail and please everyone. But it has worms, specifically a big fat white one, so whatever’s eating or corroding my outer expression of myself, my outer confidence, is feeding off the ‘good’ and the ‘light’ quality.

It’s about my self-image and self-confidence being sapped and corrupted by the worm of “pop-op” – popular opinion – and “soc-con” – social conditioning. I still care too much how I appear, what others may think, how I measure up, what I’m worth. The worm is white because we have collectively white-washed the truth of what it is, a parasite that feeds off our true Selves. It is a worm, and not a dove or a flower, because it's a symbol of our lower nature that burrows and penetrates our natural defenses insidiously, so not only are we unaware the ‘enemy’ who lives inside of us, or that it originally came from the outside, or even that it was most often introduced to us by those with the best of intentions, our parents, our elders, our culture. (OMG this is a seriously clumsy sentence... fix later...)

This Great White Lie of a Worm is what ails the White Dog of my persona of self-confidence, self-possession, and self-worth.

Although this is something I have become aware of for some time, I have yet to finished the work on it...

How to kill the great white worm, Dragonslayer?

No comments:

Post a Comment